Friday, August 7, 2009

Hey is there any way I can copy all my e-mail from my gmail account to hotmail? Like something like trueswitch

As we all know, there's a way of switching from any e-mail to yahoo by using "trueswitch". But now I want to know if there's anyway I can do that to switch from my gmail to my hotmail. Can anyone help? Is there any service like that? Is there any way I can do this?
Hey is there any way I can copy all my e-mail from my gmail account to hotmail? Like something like trueswitch
I was gonna tell you how to set up gmail for Pop access and how you can retrieve mail from a pop server in hotmail... but it turns out that hotmail doesn't support the required SSL protocol for it's implementation of Pop.





Boo Hotmail. But then SSL is a security feature... can't expect Micro$oft to know anything about that.





Pop is an e-mail retrieval system. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) adds encryption to keep your e-mail private.





Gmail lets you connect and retrieve mail from any e-mail client that supports Pop and SSL (all most all of them).





Hotmail only lets you retrieve mail through a web browser or Outlook. From the web interface you can connect to other Pop mail servers with out SSL. This is typical a Microsoft one way.

No comments:

Post a Comment