Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why can't I e-mail anyone with a hotmail, gmail or yahoo.ca account that I have been e-mailing for months?

What error does it show?
Why can't I e-mail anyone with a hotmail, gmail or yahoo.ca account that I have been e-mailing for months?
did they block your email address ?
Reply:I often have this problem. Do a search on "(your isp name)+SpamCop" and see what you come up with.





Apparently, if people with the same isp as you use their accounts to send large volumes of spam and people report this spam to their ISP or to their anti-virus provider, then that ISP gets listed on SpamCop as an offender. Then, innocent people get penalized for having the same provider when that ISP is temporarily added to SpamCop's (which most AVs and spamkillers use) offender list. After a while, the ISP listing comes off until it is reported again.





My ISP rarely is accepted by Hotmail or Comcast. I have a Wanadoo account and, from what I read, spammers use this ISP alot and the rest of us are banned by other providers. I also read that there just isn't a lot you can do about it. That was the case for Wanadoo, anyway. Search your specific ISP and find out if its a known offender.

No comments:

Post a Comment