Friday, August 7, 2009

I am not able to send emails to yahoo, gmail, hotmail and some other domains from exchange server 2003?

my exchange server name is 'exchange.mars', but email domain is 'marsfreights.com' with email adresses like admin@marsfreights.com.


I have public IP which i am using for exchange smtp and pop3.


i am getting #5.7.1 error in NDR from some domains


can i resolve my exchange server name to exch.marsfreights.com which is my public IP from exchange.mars which is my local domain name.
I am not able to send emails to yahoo, gmail, hotmail and some other domains from exchange server 2003?
It possibly depends on what else the #5.7.1 error in NDR


"Delivery Not Authorised", "Unable to Relay", "Rejected" and "Not Authenticated" are some of the main explanations that may follow a #5.7.1.1 Non Delivery Report.





In essence, your domain registrations are incomplete or wrong.





Your domain has IP address 66.63.181.97; but when I nslookup the IP address, it does not resolve (can't be found)





Not essential for Reverse DNS Lookup to work; but it helps.





However, your mail host exch.marsfreights.com which resolves to IP address 216.187.118.219 (by my Adelaide Australia-based ISP DNS) DOES NOT REVERSE LOOKUP to the same host name. It gives ns2.15x.net instead.





That name is a Name Server; yet when I connect to it as the server for nslookup (by name) it gives me an IP address 66.199.187.171 and cannot resolve exch.marsfreights.com OR marsfreights.com.





I assume you are :


Mars Freights


P.O.Box 511, Manama


Kingdom of Bahrain





Therefore, your domain has not been set up correctly.





You need to get onto your ISP or Domain Registry Authority to get them to fix it.





I used to run a report out of www.DNSReport.org (or .net) that would list where al the problems are; but they now charge, nd I don't believe in paying to checkup on websites.








You said:


"I can assure my customers that your shipment is handled with personalised care and maximum efficiency"





Adil Turk


Chairman %26amp; CEO


Mars Bahrain


E-Mail: adil.turk@marsfreights.com





I presume.





The site exch.marsfreights.com reports as being "Under Construction" (accurately, I believe)





To finish with, Relaying is the principal reason for the rejection of messages;





I just tried to ping exch.marsfreights.com and it failed; and presented a different IP address to the one above - it gave 77.69.190.5





tracert marsfreights.com suggests to me that it is in LA, or the provider is located there (oc3networks.com) and you in Bahrein.





Tracert exch.marsfreights.com suggests that we pass through the web location bah001.flagtel.com on the way (passing through LA, NY, London and Alexandria on the way?) which makes me think that bah001 is correct (Bahrein?)
Reply:I'm not too sure what you're trying to say but you could try this;





Make sure Caps Lock isn't on when you enter your username and password. Re-check that everything is spelt right. If that doesn't work, try from a different computer and then see where the problem is coming from.





You may have to create a new account if all of the above is still not working.





Hope this helps





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment